Monday, March 7, 2011

Life Update

Now that I am done bragging about my holidays, I can go into more detail of what has been happening with me. Just for you who want to know more.
My last week at work was hard. Up and down feelings about leaving. I wasn't able to tell the students until Thursday before the end of the day, so it was hard to keep it a secret. I must admit the reaction I got from a few of the boys was just what I needed. It showed me that I did make a difference and that I did have their respect. Friday started with the boys taping me to a chair and chanting that I wasn't allowed to leave. The hugs I got through out the day were so meaningful. I was pleased to end on a positive note. I receieved some great messages from some of the parents expressing their gratitude to me and letting me know their son would miss me. I was deeply touched. At the end of the day, each of the boys gave me a hug (even the one who I had a mishap with). So I can walk away from this challenge feeling satisfied and proud of myself.

My special visitor came and we had a great time together. It didn't go all as planned as it was decided that we are better off as friends. A little hiccup along my journey, but I know that it won't be my last.

As I am sitting here at 12:30 in my pj's on a Monday, I am feeling pretty good. The sun is out and I am happy that I am still here. I am hoping to get some subbing in to give me some income to pay the bills. My plan is to enjoy the next few months before I am home to reality. It looks like I will be making my way back home in June. I am looking forward to it and know that it will come fast. I still have a few more places to explore before then. I promise to keep you all up to date and informed on any next adventures.

I did have my first proper Sunday roast here, it only took me 6 months to have it. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment